Saturday, May 11, 2013

Spring trip to Sullivan's island

This week I went on a short trip to Sullivan's island near Charleston.

There is a little boardwalk along side the harbor which I love.

This friendly and a bit nosy pelican was also there.

Somehow seeing pelicans around me, gives me the ultimate vacation feeling. It means I'm near water and near warmer temperatures ;-)

Even spotted some dolphins in the harbor, that probably were hoping to get some leftover fish from the fishing boats.

Sullivan's island beach in the early morning.

The dogs had a great time on the beach since they are allowed to go off-leash there at certain times a day.

Some of the other visitor's on the beach.

 

There were a lot of Sand dollars to be seen at the beach that morning. And there was me thinking those are very rare shells to find. Not on Sullivan's Island at least.

 

On the way back home the GPS really had a hard time to get back on the I95. And kept directing to all these backroads of backroads. So we ended up passing through a town called Lakeview. Which, as the name suggests, had a really nice lake. Although, more of a swamp if you ask me. It would be the perfect spot to film a very scary horror movie there!

Right at the edge of the lake there was this old cabin. Which said it was from 1870 and was called Page's mill Pond.

The wooden deck had holes and big cracks in it, so did not take my chance to stand on it.

Very mysterious place don't you think? After this little town the GPS suggested to take a right on Chicken road and then a left on Turkey Branch (Seriously! :-) ) and then the first right was I95. Just had to laugh about that! But made it home safe again.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment