Thursday, June 27, 2013

So many butterflies, so little time....

These are just a few of the pictures I made at Butterfly world in Coconut Creek, FL last week. This place really surprised me. Walking in, hundreds of butterflies were fluttering around me. Such a wonderful experience! Their sound is not loud but you sure can hear them fluttering around. They move the air around you. Especially when they are in these big numbers. My camera and I didn't know where to start. So many butterflies, so little time!









One of the girls that worked there told me there are 10.000 butterflies in their facility. And that number sure looked right. Never seen this many, at the same time. She also told me that the owners of Butterfly world are second generation Dutch immigrants. She, herself even visited The Netherlands. Funny how a simple question, as how many butterflies are out here, brings me to exchanging info about the Dutch again.







Besides all the butterflies they have lots of Hummingbirds and a great number of finches flying around. Which I love hearing singing their songs. What a great place!
















Had to check this one twice.... It was hiding in one of the trees and it looked like it did not have a head.... Hmmm.... Strange right? So like I said had to check it out. But finally did find the kind of important missing body part tucked away under one of the wings. Still resulted in a funny picture, I think. ;-)




Might have to revisit, when not in Summer. Because it was very, I mean very hot this time. But still very glad I went! What a fun place to visit! 
Butterfly world in Coconut Creek near Ft. Lauderdale in Florida.



4 comments: